Thursday, August 18, 2005

6 miles - 53 Minutes


With a heat index of 105, Ian not able to run until after 8, and watching the girls, I had to push my run back to about 8:30 last night. I sacraficed watching the middle 53 minutes of the USA vs. Trinidad & Tobago soccer match, but it was worth it. For the first time my legs didn't feel like logs. I felt really light, and Ian and I were able to maintain a conversation through the first half hour of the run. We took it easy...running slightly below 9.5 minute mile pace (we lost about 25 seconds on a pit-stop). We made it to the halfway point at 29:30, and really picked it up on the way back, running 23:30 on the way home. We were pretty much at race-finish pace for the last .6 miles (starting at our home soccer field at Red Bug Lake Park). My post-race recoveries are coming much quicker as well. It was taking me 10-15 minutes to be able to even stand up straight after a good run, and I would say thats at about 3-4 minutes now.

Weight at the gym as 182 yesterday. With my luck it will be back up today. We'll see. We are planning a track workout tonight, with Friday off to prepare for the 5k.

No comments: