Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The First Run

Yeah, so I ran a whopping 1.8 miles on my first run. I did not time myself due to the fact that I do not own a digital watch (or any watch that works for that matter!). I don't have much positive to report other than the fact that at least I got started. I ran a pretty slow pace and my legs were on fire. It was 95 degrees and humid, but I actually prefer to run in the heat. Might as well be sweating off some pounds. I think that one of my biggest challenges over the course of this journey will be changing my body. I am currently weighing in at about 184 and have been lifting pretty heavy. I have begun to alter my workouts to include lighter weights and more reps. I think that once I can trim some fat and tone up some muscle my legs will have an easier time lugging around the rest of my body.

No comments: