Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Day 2

I wasn't too sore as I enhusiastically started my second day of running. Unfortunately I did not hit my three mile goal, due to course miscalculations. I used my scooter to measure out a 3 mile course. After completing my run and looking at my trusty cell-phone timekeeping system, I realized that I had either run much less or run a 5 mile pace. Take your guess at which was correct. In fact, I only ran two miles in about 19 minutes. A blazing 9.5 minute pace. Ugh. Amy, in keeping with Sean's motivational tecnhiques, learned of my shortfall and send me out for another lap. So I did hit just shy of 3 miles today. Jeez, I am almost up to 26.2! Riiiiight.

I have been running in an OLD pair of Nike Shox cross-training shoes with ripped lace eyelets and rubber falling off. I went to Sports Authority and got a 69 dollar pair of Avia running shoes for 29 bucks. Score! I also got a nice Casio Triathlon watch for 22 bucks.

No comments: