Friday, July 22, 2005

4.4 mi in 44 min

Well, 6 just wasn't going to happen for many reasons. The biggest factor was time for work. Between measuring the course, stretching, changing, running, showering, and grabbing a drink and an energy bar, I was out of the office for about an hour and 40 minutes.

So about the run: 4.4 miles in 44 minutes. 10 minute miles. I ran on a very lightly traveled two-lane road with NO trees or shade. The heat was pretty unreal (see image to the left). My calves were still pretty sore, so I would say I was feeling about 80-85% to start the run. Again, I had to walk several times...Each time was maybe 50 feet and was due to burning legs or heat..not being winded. I was so hot that I got the chills a couple of times. Anyhow, I would estimate that while I was actually running I was pulling 8.5 minute miles early and tailed off to 9.5 minutes towards the end. Softball game tonight, and softball tourney tomorrow. I guess I am running 3 miles tomorrow. Well, its less than 4.4.

Weight - 179 (AFTER RUN)

1 comment:

Betty said...

I think it's great that you can meet the challenge head on. You and your brother are gonna do great. I have all the faith in the world for the both of you and in case you need your calves massaged so they don't cramp, let me know. I'm here for ya man! In good Latin spirits: "Buena Suerte my hermano!" (Good luck my brother!)