Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thinking about the ING Miami Half Marathon

So, I am thinking of joining Team Challenge for the ING Miami Half Marathon. Team Challenge is the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation's new endurance training program. This new fundraising program trains you to run or walk a half marathon while helping the Foundation raise funds to find a cure for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Their second event is the ING Miami Half Marathon taking place on January 27, 2008. I am really excited about this and if anyone with Crohn's in The Orlando area is interested in joining me in training, let me know here.

I have been playing so much soccer, but my plan is to ramp up training this Tuesday (yes right before a soccer game). I am thinking I will follow a standard half-marathon training plan as the structure was a tremendous help while training for Philadelphia Marathon in 2005.

No comments: