Tuesday, September 27, 2005

1:14 in POURING RAIN (and new shoes)

So Ronnie and I ran a few miles on the Winter Park High School track and then a few on the streets and a paved trail while we were in the midst of a storm that dropped 5.6 inches of rain in an hour (and no, that is NOT an exaggeration. I felt great. Had a Gu-gel thingy at the 35 minute mark which was cool. I could have run another 30 minutes with ease, but we were literally surrounded by lightening and it was pitch black. The weather got even worse as we stretched at the end, so I think we were wise to call it a night. I look forward to a solo 4-6 miler tomorrow and I would like to top 12 miles Thursday.

The new shoes - Asic Gel Landreth II's. I got pair of running shoes on Friday that had corrective features on the heal to improve form, but after about 29 years of running, there is no fixing me. I had to return them due to knee pain. I bought them at an awesome specialty store in Melbourne - Running Zone. The return policy is pretty much "Keep wearing and returning them until you find ones you like." The new Asics will not be returned..they are great (and pictured below.)

No comments: