Wednesday, July 26, 2006

3.2, 26:22, 99 Degrees, 104 Heat Index

Heat index was 104 tonight when I ran my usual 5k loop. I started out fast, then the heat straight kicked my ass. My legs felt like logs and I as just croaked at the mile mark. I was about 7:15 in the first mile, then you can see my pace dropped significantly. I was happy as hell to just finish....26:22. I rested for about 2 hours then played an indoor game. We were tied 7-7 against some high school all-star team with 4 mins left....a real battle...but Zoo scored two clutch goals and we ended up winning by a score of 10-7.

Soccer practice tomorrow night...maybe a run instead. We will see how I feel. Sean is running 7.5 tonight...I am jealous! (Last night Erin wanted to go for a run, so we did about a 1/2 mile, then I followed it up with two 90% speed 100's)

No comments: